The guitar is an instrument that not only represents celebrations, but also an innate glamor. People get fascinated to watch someone carrying even a guitar-box. However, when someone picks up the guitar for the first time, it becomes very confusing if how to play the guitar perfectly creating melodies. However, there are many ways to learn and perfect playing guitar. You can refer various tutorial articles and videos available online besides consulting several books, teaching you how to play guitar easily. However, the best of musicians advocate a different story altogether in order to make yourself a perfect guitar player. According to the leading guitar professionals, learning guitar with your own resources and intellect ushers you with an exceptional ability to play guitar. During my Guitar lessons Los Angeles sessions, I found that beginners find this exercise amazing when I ask them to play guitar as the way they can.
To start with, you should pick an acoustic guitar for your first learning experience, as it is the most basic instrument that can be learned with ease. The second step is to carefully listen to the sounds created by each string. However, right body posture, guitar-holding posture, fingering skills and tuning guitar are the primary learnings that you should focus in the beginning. Let us understand from the beginning if how can you proceed your learnings.
Tips to Learn Acoustic Guitar
1. Pick the best of tunings: To start with, just make your guitar attuned as tuning the guitar is the most basic requirement to begin with playing it. You cannot play guitar properly if your guitar is not tuned accurately. However, there are many different ways to tune your acoustic guitar. However, an open-root tuning is the best choice to explore your guitar in the beginning. Since there are many songs that are played using A tune, as it produces an open sound.
2. Pick the right guitar: Once you have made your mind to learn playing guitar, you should go to the best guitar shop of the town and pick the one that appeals you the most. The top-end acoustic guitars include Martins and Lowdens, however, certain basic models such as Gibson or Taylor can also match your learnings.
3. Learn the finger exercises: Try to practice fingering the strings and then the chords, as most of the guitar beginners find it difficult to press the right string the right way. Moreover, you got to keep exercising your with your fingers to make yourself comfortable. During my guitar lessons, I suggested the same to all my students
4. Learn to use a metronome: While playing acoustic guitar, good timing is an essential thing, since you would be required to play with other musicians when you perform your show. Therefore, practicing with a metronome will develop your internal timings.
5. Learn to play with other musicians: Once you have improved your internal timings, try to find opportunities where you can play along other musicians. This will fill you with required skills as well as the most important self-confidence building. My students also request for such performances during my guitar lessons.
6. Keep searching for new learning’s: As perfecting a skill needs a lot of dedication and self-determination, you should seek to learn new things wherever you get the opportunity. The online guitar lessons, technical books and teachers are the best resources that can help you to develop many new skills.
The above tips would certainly help you to master yourself in playing guitar. However, if you still face any trouble, you can refer my online guitar lessons available on my website, or contact Guitar lessons Los Angeles.